Thursday, August 13, 2009

Boo!


Were you scared? Come on, I know you were! I truly love Halloween; I love decorating the house and dressing up to give out candy. I don't make very many Halloween cards because I just don't seem to have much a use for them. But they certainly are fun to make! My Paper Therapy group had a crop a few nights ago and the challenge was to make a Halloween card and everyone made such amazing cards! I love this K&Co. paper because it's super glittery but it gets EVERYWHERE! I cleaned my face that night with some toner on a cotton ball and there was tons of glitter stuck to it.

The Boo chipboard is Melissa Frances. I peeled of the shiny white layer, ran it through my cuttlebug using the distressed lines embossing folder but I don't think you can see that anymore. I painted it all with black acrylic paint and when it dried I sanded it so the chipboard was visible. Then I used crackle paint. Then I added some purple and lime green stickles. I certainly did a lot of altering to that plain white chipboard! Finally I put it on pop dots so you just couldn't miss it.
The branches and birds are fussy cut from the paper and are all attached the the boo label. It really was a fun card to make; maybe I'll make some more Halloween cards this year.
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle :)

4 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

Wow! That was a lot of work but it sure was worth it! Love this card! That fussy cutting you did is fantastic!

Ann said...

WoWzA!!! That is one fabulous creation!!!!

Kay said...

Girl, you really know how to work some chipboard, don't you?!!! This is amazing!!! I'm totally in love with all things Halloween and this card makes me giddy!! It's awesome. I LOVE it and YES you must make more Halloween cards this year! ;o) ♥♥ Kay

Unknown said...

OMGoodness, This is super awesome Michelle! Love it, love it, LOVE it! Totally makes me want to stary making Halloween cards!

(-: Heidi