Saturday, July 18, 2009

Another card...woo hoo!


I got my Treasured Scrapbooking card kit today and was so happy that my mojo has returned and I made a card! The super terrific Eva had a challenge on the forum to use stars so I combined that with another challenge. I used the sketch for this week's Cuttlebug #40 challenge and I even used the new Herringbone embossing folder. The bonus folder was the Textile folder that I love but for some reason don't have but since the DT used herringbone, I copied and used it too! It really is great for "manly" cards. I would say that this one is manly. You can tell them from my girly cards because they almost all have stars instead of flowers...I'm so clever! hee hee. Here is the whole card:


I told you that my sister and I went to the State Fair last week and I wanted to share this hilarious picture of the two of us on the "vicious" Mouse Trap roller coaster. My sister was terrified and had her eyes closed and I kept laughing and screaming and telling here when the next big dip was even though she closed her eyes so she wouldn't know. Tee hee! It really was fun until we went on a ride that spun far too much and my stomach was not pleased.



That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle :)

4 comments:

Ann said...

Oooh, love the colors and embossing on this fabby card!

Kay said...

I LOVE this card!!! That herringbone embossing folder is wonderful. It's a busy pattern but yet subtle, too. Does that make sense? LOL! I'm so glad I bought this one!

How great is that roller coaster photo!!! Priceless and it put a big smile on my face! Have a great week, my dear! ♥♥ Kay

Unknown said...

Wow, I super LOVE that card! Fabulous texture and such a fun and funky (in a good way) color combo!

Ha ha! That pic is too good!

(-: Heidi

Cassie said...

great card - that herringbone looks great on the stars!! thanks for playing at CBC - i'm late in getting around - sorry!