Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Masculine Card!


Yay! It's raining again! OK, I'm not really happy about it but I'm trying the whole reverse psychology thing. If we all say we love it, maybe it will go away. At least for a while. Well, a girl can dream, can't she? :)
Anywho, the close-up on top is a part of a MASCULINE birthday card that I made for this week's Be Inspired masculine card challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog. My DBF asked me to make a card for one of his friends. So, I painted 2 chipboard stars with platinum acrylic paint, then I stamped it randomly with some black ink and didn't like it. So I painted it again with more platinum paint and covered most of the black. Then I put a pretty thick layer of crackle paint, let it dry and I like how the bit of black ink comes through the crackle and the platinum.
Here's the whole card:

Neither picture came out great due to the lack of sun, (not that I'm complaining about the lack of sun...), but I think the 2nd one is most close to its actual color.
I used the houndstooth embossing folder on black Basic Grey paper then sanded it. I used one of my border embossing folders for the first time on the craft strips.
I still have to make a father's day card for my dad because I sold the one I had made to someone who liked it. Ugh! Another manly card to do.

Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this card Michelle, you did such a wonderful job on this!

Eva said...

Ohhh...I love those stars!!! Perfect masculine card!!!

Kay said...

LOL! I'm laughing so hard at your "rain" comments! I feel the exact same way, my dear. My son and I had to get out in the rain on Thursday and we were drenched from head to toe. And we even used our umbrellas!!!!

Masculine cards are impossible for me to make however, not for you! These are wonderful, Michelle. Of course, I love the stars and the color combos are right on! Have fun making your Father's Day card!!♥♥ Kay

Unknown said...

So cool Michelle! I love the treatment you used on the stars..they look amazing! Fabulous masculine card! (I really struggle with them)

(-: Heidi

PS. Hope the sun comes out for you soon!

Karen said...

Very cool card Michelle. I just love the stars and the masculine look!
Thanks for playing along at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot!

Karen

Maggie Lamarre said...

I love this card you did such a good job on it !
Thank you,
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

I love this!!! Great masculine card ad use of the CB embossing folders. Love the stars, ric rac, everything! Good luck with the challenge.